Our client Schaeffler is a global technology manufacturer of rolling element bearings for automotive, aerospace and industrial uses. The company thrives to be the preferred supplier for bearings and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to their customers worldwide, not only in components but also increasingly in services (Industry 4.0). Innovation, technological leadership, premium quality products and services and entrepreneurship define the organization. Schaeffler is headquartered in Herzogenaurach in Germany, and is present at around 170 locations in over 50 countries with over 84.000 employees worldwide. Within Schaeffler, Industry 4.0 (I4.0) is the growth initiative for the Industrial Division, in which the Strategic Business Field I4.0 Service Solutions creates value-adding solutions to improve the product life cycle as well as processes of any rotating element in industrial sectors as industry automation or raw materials. The customers benefit from Schaeffler’s domain know-how: condition monitoring solutions and cloud-based digital services for predictive maintenance continuously provide them with information on the condition of their machines and equipment. The Strategic Business Field I4.0 Service Solution services different sectors. For the specific sector Food & Beverages we are searching for a Global Business Development Manager Food & Beverages. We are looking for an eager, entrepreneurial and result oriented International Business Development Manager with extensive experience in the Food & Beverages process industry. The position is based in the Benelux (Barneveld, NL or Ghent, BE).
Main goal of the position
The main goal of the Global Business Development Manager is to realise long term profitable global growth of the assigned Service Solutions in the Food & Beverages Industry.
• As Global Business Development Manager Food & Beverages you cover the global Food & Beverage process market which is strongly influenced by top customers located in the West European countries, Americas and APAC;
• You develop an in depth knowledge for the (targeted) Food & Beverages producing segments and their requirements to use Schaeffler Service Solutions and capture the maximum value;
• Additionally you are responsible for the development- and subsequently the execution of a solid global business development strategy and vision for the coming years;
• You will generate and evaluate ideas regarding new growth opportunities into new, or existing markets. You will facilitate the process of idea generation by collaborating internally with different departments and externally by working together with customers, interested third parties, etc.;
• You will generate the first sales for these new opportunities by identifying potential customers, visiting customers in the Benelux and globally.
• You will manage the day-to-day commercial relationship with the customer;
• You actively coordinate, source, and analyse latest market and segment data and identify potential business opportunities to pursue;
• And last but not least, it is important to create one common I4.0 appearance “one face to the customer”.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in a technology area, i.e. IT, Industrial or Electrical Engineering. Preferably supplemented with a MBA;
• You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a business development role in an international B2B environment, specifically in the Food & Beverages process industry;
• Supplemented with appr. 7 years of solution and services selling experience to industrial B2B clients with a detailed knowledge in industrial digital service or software solution business;
• Additionally you have three years managerial (project management) experience within multicultural teams in a complex/matrix international environment;
• You possess a proven long term track record of negotiating global frame contracts. In which you show assertiveness and capacity to negotiate with the intention on achieving a balance between the stakeholders and being able to direct them;
• You have strong conceptual skills, recognizes growth opportunities and develop implementation strategies;
• You are result driven, an excellent goal-getter, with respect to the motives of his internal and external business partners but always keeps an eye on his own goals;
• You are an innovator and entrepreneur who challenges the status quo and who thinks out-of-the-box. In doing so you are open and flexible;
• You are in possession of excellent communication skills not only for effective conveyance of information but also in making target-group oriented speeches and presentations;
• You have excellent verbal & written communication skills in English and Dutch, an understanding in German is a plus;
• The role requires extensive travelling.
There will be several rounds of interviewing with Lodiers & Partners and with Schaeffler. A thorough and careful reference check and diploma- and certification check is part of the procedure. An assessment can also be part of the procedure.
If you have any question or would like to apply to this position, please do not hesitate to contact Eveline Becking by phone 0031 (0) 6 30635417 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.