Our client is a fast-growing global company of food ingredients with production facilities in more than 30 countries and presence in over 100 countries around the world. Therefore, it is one of the largest worldwide producers and distributors in their specific category. The company is divided into 3 divisions with each of their own focus on different specialty ingredients and industries. Every day their employees strive to be leading in the industry by being the number one innovator. Think global, act local is one of the key competences of the company. Because the current job holder will retire, our client is searching for a new colleague who will build further upon the strong platform and network already in place.
Main goal of the position
In this role you will provide strategical and tactical direction and functional leadership to the regulatory network within the company in a multi-sited,-cultural and-product group environment. You will also ensure robust internal regulatory systems, legislative compliance and to share best practices.
This position gives you the opportunity to make a difference in a competitive and complex global organisation in the food, feed and alcoholic beverages industry and also becoming the go-to person in the business for regulatory affairs subjects. All this in a challenging, supportive and collaborative culture.
Responsibility and objectives
As Head of Regulatory Affairs you are responsible for:
• Providing guidance and support on regulatory affairs queries and issues to local businesses and global product segments, as well as advise relevant stakeholders on regulatory and legislative risks and opportunities;
• Developing global regulatory policies, codes of practice, scanning tools etc.;
• Scanning the regulatory horizon to ensure regulations are being built into business planning, opportunity and product development;
• Representing business interests at trade associations and other (external) regulatory forums, as well as to the mother company and their other operating companies;
• Ensuring an effective internal regulatory audit programme is in place;
• Managing new ingredient approvals with the authorities;
• Implementing the regulatory strategy and processes and making sure they are aligned to overall business goals and objectives;
• You will also be monitoring and measuring global performance in regulatory management through scorecards and KPI’s;
• Helping and supporting the regional management for regulatory people development and driving continuous improvement in the management of regulatory affairs across the local businesses.
We are searching for a pro-active, culture- , organizational sensitive, regulatory affairs expert who understands what is required while building, leading and influencing a network in a global organization. Emotional intelligence is one of your key characteristics and you and believe the area of regulatory affairs is an opportunity and not a threat.
Ambition, ethics and collaboration are your core values. Besides, you fulfill the following requirements:
• A minimum of a B.Sc. degree in a life-science discipline e.g. food science, biotechnology, chemical technology;
• At least 5-8 years’ experience in managing regulatory affairs in a complex, global company in the food industry; including the active participation in trade associations;
• You are experienced in the development domain within food science, biotechnology or similar;
• Fluent in English, both verbally and written;
• Highly competent IT literacy and understanding of business systems and collaborative technologies;
• Due to the global nature of the company and the offered position, you need to be flexible regarding working hours;
• Willing to travel internationally when needed.
The company islocated in Breda area (south of Rotterdam, near the Dutch – Belgian border). Regularlyworking from home is possible in this position.
For more information, please contact Karin Benning by telephone: +31 6 30148514, or by e-mail: email@example.com